Monday, October 13, 2014

Cake Mix Cookies

IMG_1359

When I was visiting Canada last August, my sister Donna introduced me to Cake Mix Cookies – so quick and easy to make.  All you need is your favorite cake mix, an egg, half a cup of melted butter and your add ins. 

I’ve tried a few different kinds.  I think the Coconut cake mix with added coconut flakes was yummy.  My hubby liked the cookies I made with Spice cake mix and walnuts.  Today I’m having German Chocolate cake mix cookies with milk chocolate chips as my add in.

IMG_1362

Try some with your afternoon cup of tea.  Just mix 1 cake mix, 1 egg, 1/2 cup melted butter and whatever add in you like (nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, etc.  Depending on the mix, you might need a splash of water.

I use a 1 1/4 inch scoop to place the dough on cookie sheets and then bake at 350 degrees for around 12 minutes or till done (cracked on top).

These were delicious with a cup of Golden Tips Goomtee Darjeeling tea. 

 

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Now this is MY kind of recipe -- easy and with the possibility of lots of variety! Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! Love the texture of the cookies! what restaurant have you had the best cookies? Remember to add it to your Besty List http://www.thebesty.com/teaandtalk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...